1. Link your Step Card to make payments
You can add your Step Card to Venmo so you can make instant transfers through their app! Keep in mind, because your Step Card is technically a credit card, Venmo may charge an extra fee for sending money using that funding source.
2. Link as a Bank account to transfer money into Step
Link to Venmo so you can transfer money into your Step account.
Start by finding your Account and Routing numbers.
- Tap your initials in the top left to open the main menu
- Under Account Information, tap Account & Routing Information
Next, go to the Venmo app:
- Open the Venmo app
- Tap the 3-bar menu icon top left
- Select Settings
- Select Payment Methods
- Select Add Bank or card
- Select Bank
- Select Manual Verification
- Enter Step Routing and Account numbers
- Your Step bank account may appear as a bank account from “Evolve Bank & Trust” who is our bank partner.
- You’ll see two deposits and two withdrawals on your Step transaction history over the next three days, each $1 or less. To verify your bank account, enter those amounts into the Venmo app.
- Once your Step account is verified, you can Manage Balance from the main menu to Transfer to Bank (move money from Venmo to Step). Transactions will process in 1-3 business days. You can also use your Step bank account as the funding source to make payments. This will typically go through on Venmo immediately, but may take 1-3 business days to withdraw the funds from your Step account.
If you have a Venmo Debit Card
If you have a Venmo Debit card, once your accounts are linked you can also transfer money from Step to Venmo by tapping Manage Balance from the Main Menu. Please note that according to Venmo’s terms of service, this option is only available if you have a Venmo Debit card. Transactions will process in 1-3 business days.
Still need help?
We recommend reaching out to Venmo support for expert advice!