1. Link your Step Card to make payments
You can add your Step Card to PayPal so you can make instant transfers through their app! Keep in mind, because your Step Card is technically a credit card, PayPal may charge an extra fee for sending money using that funding source.
You can link your Step account to PayPal by using your Account and Routing numbers.
2. Link as a Bank account to transfer money into Step
Link to PayPal so you can transfer money into your Step account.
Start by finding your Account and Routing numbers.
- Tap your initials in the top left to open the main menu
- Under Account Information, tap Account & Routing Information
Next, you'll need to link your accounts through the PayPal app. Here's how:
- Open the PayPal app
- Tap the gear icon top right
- Select Banks and Cards
- Tap + icon top right
- Select Bank Account
- Enter Step Routing and Account numbers
- Your Step bank account may appear as a bank account from “Evolve Bank & Trust” who is our bank partner.
- Select Agree to verification step of sending 2 small deposits from Paypal to your Step account
- Within 1-2 business days, the deposits will appear in your Step account and later withdrawn. Evolve Bank and Trust will appear Unconfirmed in your account until you enter the two deposit amounts in PayPal app to verify your Bank.
Still need help?
We recommend reaching out to PayPal support for expert advice!